Systems Safety Engineer
- Kemble, UK
At ZeroAvia, we’re clean sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, we’re designing and commercialising hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world.
Airworthiness oversee product certification, system safety and test aircraft approval. They liaise with the regulator and acquire/maintain our airworthiness approvals, utilising their knowledge of UK Civil Aviation Authority’s expectations.
Working within the Office of Airworthiness and System Safety Team as part of a CAA Part 21J Design Organisation the Systems Safety Engineer is responsible for;
· Conducting Qualitative and Quantitative Safety Analysis at System and Aircraft Level to ARP4761 (FHA, PSSA, FTA, SSA, FMECA, CCA, PRA, CMA etc.
· Generating safety requirements for the system and sub-system design teams and working collaboratively to ensure compliance
· Creating reasoned safety arguments for complex and novel systems and communicating these to relevant stakeholders
· Aeronautical Degree or equivalent experience
· At least 5 years of practical experience in a similar role
· Strong working knowledge of Safety Assessment following ARP4761 (or equivalent standard). FHA, FTA, FMEA, CCA etc.
· Awareness of commercial aerospace certification regulations; Part 23/ CS-23, Part 33/ CS-E, SC-E-19 etc.
· Good working knowledge of Reliability prediction techniques e.g., MIL-HBK-217F
· Good working knowledge of risk assessment methodologies and ALARP justificationsDesirable Experience/Qualifications:
· Knowledge of Systems Engineering following ARP4754
· Knowledge of Software Certification to DO-178B/C or Hardware Certification to DO-254
· Knowledge of safety assurance techniques for new safety critical products/ components
· Previous approval as Part 21J Compliance Verification Engineer for Systems Safety
· General experience of working within a Part21J Design Organisation environment
Our solution-focused culture champions fast decision-making and empowers our people. We value results and efficiency and prioritise achieving our mission in the most effective and innovative way possible. We collaborate as a unified team to create solutions and solve problems, so we want people who share our principles to join us. If you’re eager to take radical ownership and are unafraid to ask questions or challenge the status quo, then we want you to be part of our Clean Sky Thinking.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a young company shaping the aviation industry, we know that diversity fuels success and unlocks potential. We embrace being an equal-opportunity employer and actively seek individuals from diverse backgrounds. We value the multitude of skills, perspectives, and mindsets everyone can bring to the table. These experiences ignite creativity, originality, and growth. We proudly reject discrimination in all forms, including that based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.