Graduate Fuel Cell Engineer
- Sandwich, UK
ZeroAvia is a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, committed to designing and commercializing hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world. As a Graduate Fuel Cell Engineer at ZeroAvia, you will work alongside a talented team of engineers to help revolutionize the aviation industry by developing and optimizing hydrogen fuel cell systems for our innovative aviation solutions.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the design, development, and testing of fuel cell components, assemblies, stacks, and systems. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to validate designs, analyze data, and optimize performance. Your work will be instrumental in driving the advancement of hydrogen-electric propulsion technology and the realization of clean and sustainable aviation.
ZeroAvia's PGS HTPEM Prototyping and Testing Department is working on the development of new higher performing and durable High Temperature PEM fuel cell stacks. The result of the work may make a significant contribution into the specific power and lifetime of the future hydrogen energy system to be used for the bigger and long-range aircrafts.
As the Graduate Fuel Cell Engineer, you will be responsible for assembly and testing our Fuel Cell Stacks. You will collaborate with a team of engineers and technicians to build and test existing models of HTPEM Stacks and to develop the next generation of products, full training will be given.
- Assemble and test HTPEM Fuel Cell stacks according to design documentation, operating procedures and internal standards;
- Produce engineering drawings, test plans, protocols, reports and other types of technical documentation for assembly and testing process;
- Propose assembly and testing process improvements and fine-tuning to optimize products and processes.
- Assist in developing fuel cell stacks design solutions for external customers and internal team needs;
- Propose optimal solutions for new parts/tooling/equipment to make them robust, long-life, reliable and at the same time balancing with optimal cost;
- Operate and maintain testing, mechanical and electrical equipment and tooling (laser cutting, 3D printing, FC test stations etc);
- Analyze test data and collaborate with the engineering team for improving the product operation modes;
- Support other departments with prototype & test engineering tasks.
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented Graduate Fuel Cell Engineer who is passionate about clean energy and sustainable aviation. To be successful in this role, you should have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Aeronautical, Mechanical, Electrical or related engineering field
- A strong academic background in fuel cell technology
- Experience with testing tools and equipment such as FC test stations
- Experience with 3D solid modelling, design and analysis software, such as Siemens NX or Solidworks
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities
- A self-driven attitude with a desire to learn and grow
- Knowledge of relevant production processes and materials is a plus
Diversity and Inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal-opportunity employer and actively promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and value the unique perspectives and experiences they bring. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.