- Finance & Legal
At ZeroAvia, we’re clean-sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, we’re designing and commercialising hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world.
ZeroAvia is the leader in zero-emission solutions for commercial aviation, helping the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight.
The company is focused on hydrogen-electric propulsion solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting a 300-mile range in 9–19 seat aircraft by 2025, and up to 700-mile range in 40–80 seat aircraft by 2027. Based in the UK and USA, ZeroAvia has passed significant flight test milestones, secured several key partnerships with major aircraft OEMs and major global airlines, and is on track for commercial operations in 2025. The company’s achievements to date were rewarded by the UK prime minister by inviting ZeroAvia as a member of the UK Jet Zero Council.
As a Finance Analyst, you will report to the FP&A director, and you will be an integral part of the wider finance team assisting, among other things, in the Company’s fundraising activities, short- and long-term financial modelling, budgeting, financial and management accounting, Company’s financial strategy and any potential M&A activities. You will be able to work in a high-velocity manner supporting a fast-paced agile business. Due to the size and nature of the business you will have great opportunity for interaction with senior levels within the company and have an opportunity to grow not only your financial but a broader commercial expertise.
Your core responsibilities will include providing financial insights and projections to the FP&A director and wider corporate finance team. You will provide reliable data and analysis to be used in decision- making and planning by the CFO and extended executive team.
- Provide finance support to the accounting and business teams related to productivity, demand planning, reporting, and KPI metrics in a timely manner.
- Identify and understand business challenges; propose and create solutions.
- Partner directly with the finance and business teams to collaborate on metrics, goals, and business reviews.
- Support investor reporting/analysis and modelling.
- Dive deeply into financial data and become a subject matter expert to provide additional insights.
- Work on corporate projects and initiatives as finance representative.
- Create presentations that provide insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made.
- Identify and research variances to forecast, budget, and prior-year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization.
- A few years experience in finance, FP&A, or a related area.
- Previous working experience in a manufacturing or engineering business advantageous.
- Part/Fully qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent
- Using data analytic tools such as NetSuite Planning and Budgeting suite, tableau, Cognos BI, IBM BI.
Our solution-focused culture champions fast decision-making and empowers our people. We value results and efficiency and prioritise achieving our mission in the most effective and innovative way possible. We collaborate as a unified team to create solutions and solve problems, so we want people who share our principles to join us. If you’re eager to take radical ownership and are unafraid to ask questions or challenge the status quo, then we want you to be part of our Clean Sky Thinking.
Diversity and inclusion statement: As an emergent company shaping the aviation industry, we know that diversity fuels success and unlocks potential. We embrace being an equal-opportunity employer and actively seek individuals from diverse backgrounds. We value the multitude of skills, perspectives, and mindsets everyone can bring to the table. These experiences ignite creativity, originality, and growth. We proudly reject discrimination in all forms, including that based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.