Senior Project Manager
- Business Operations
- $90,000 - 130,000
At ZeroAvia, we’re clean sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation, we’re designing and commercializing hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world.
Engineering designs our next-generation hydrogen electric engines. Working across Hydrogen, Propulsion and Integration divisions, they solve technical problems and help decarbonize aviation by finding solutions for electric propulsion, hydrogen storage, fuel cell technology, power distribution, thermal management and more.
ZeroAvia is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join its team based in Everett, Washington State. ZeroAvia’s aim is to design and commercialize hydrogen-powered aviation solutions to address sub-regional and short-haul commercial flights up to 500 miles. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing a range of powertrain development and integration projects involving hydrogen fuel cell and electric propulsion systems. ZeroAvia also seeks support from government agencies to accelerate its technology development, and the candidate will be involved in driving efforts to secure that funding alongside colleagues in the business.
ZeroAvia is at the forefront of a new clean aviation ecosystem, and the successful candidate will be joining a world-class team that is passionate about designing and delivering solutions that are not just carbon-emission free but also cost-effective
- Lead project teams to develop and deliver on project objectives, managing internal and external stakeholders, and suppliers.
- Good understanding of the aerospace industry.
- Ensure the overall delivery of projects by maintaining project schedules, identifying and solving risks and issues, prioritizing project resources, and driving deliverables.
- Establish and maintain project communication cadence, including project schedules, timelines, milestones, and deliverables.
- Develop and implement project management processes and methodologies, including budget control, cost analysis, risk management, project status reporting, and project change control.
- Manage and develop compelling funding bids as and when opportunities arise
- Foster a collaborative working environment with cross-functional teams, including engineering, testing teams, supply chain, and customer support teams.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and develop pre-emptive strategies to maintain product market leadership.
- Work closely with management teams to define business objectives and ensure that projects support long-term strategic planning
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field.
- Solid experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience in a project management role ideally in a complex engineering environment.
- Extensive knowledge of project planning/management tools and experience working with project tracking software.
- Experience in applying to and/or managing government-funded R&D projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Availability for occasional domestic and international travel.
Our solution-focused culture champions fast decision-making and empowers our people. We value results and efficiency and prioritize achieving our mission in the most effective and innovative way possible. We collaborate as a unified team to create solutions and solve problems, so we want people who share our principles to join us. If you’re eager to take radical ownership and are unafraid to ask questions or challenge the status quo, then we want you to be part of our Clean Sky Thinking.
Diversity and inclusion
As an emergent company shaping the aviation industry, we know that diversity fuels success and unlocks potential. We embrace being an equal-opportunity employer and actively seek individuals from diverse backgrounds. We value the multitude of skills, perspectives, and mindsets everyone can bring to the table. These experiences ignite creativity, originality, and growth. We proudly reject discrimination in all forms, including that based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
The wage scale or salary range for this position is between $90,000 - $130,000. In addition to the foregoing base compensation, additional compensation and benefits are available to employees and eligible family members (as applicable) including the following:
- Bonus: Annual discretionary bonuses.
- Equity: Ability to exercise company stock options
- Retirement: Eligible to participate in the company's 401(k) Plan, with up to a 4% matching
- Health Insurance: Employer covers up to 80% of the employee's monthly premiums on medical, dental, and vision.
- Life Insurance: Basic Life/AD&D of up to $50,000 and the option to add on Supplemental Coverage.
- Short-Term Disability: Up to 60% of your earnings for up to a period of 24 weeks.
- Long-Term Disability: If your disability extends beyond 180 days, LTD Coverage for up to 60% of your earnings.
- Paid Time Off: Eligible employees may accrue up to 120 hours per year (15 days) and may borrow up to 40 hours (5 days).
- Sick Time: Eligible employees may accrue up to 40 hours, per year (5 days)
- Paid Holidays: 12 observed holidays, per calendar year.
- The Fly Club: up to $2,000 of reimbursement towards flying lessons to all full-time staff
Please note, among other factors, the compensation offered may vary based on work location, experience, qualifications, specialties, training, and then-current market and business considerations