- London, UK
ZeroAvia is the leader in developing zero-emission propulsion solutions for commercial aviation. Our mission is to deliver hydrogen-electric engines for aircraft of all sizes. With two world-first flight programmes under our belt, we are working towards commercial operations using our powertrains as early as 2025. The aviation industry is in need of truly clean solutions to tackle its growing climate impact, and ZeroAvia is looking for committed, knowledgeable and passionate individuals to join us on this mission.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on tightly integrating hydrogen fuel cell power systems and storage, along with electric drivetrain components, to deliver a unified solution that is both environmentally friendly and economically superior to traditional aircraft drivetrain solutions.
Our Infrastructure team is focused on supporting the decarbonisation of airports through hydrogen production and novel refuelling and transportation operations. Our agile, highly talented, focused, and motivated team are developing global products and projects across the hydrogen value-chain to deliver hydrogen to our powertrain customers and key industrial offtakers.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Commercial and GIS Analyst at ZeroAvia to join our Infrastructure team. This role is critical to the success of our hydrogen infrastructure projects. This position will be based at our London, UK office.
The successful candidate will work closely with our team by developing and maintaining geospatial datasets, maps and visualisations, data products, spatial analyses to identify potential project risks and opportunities, industry analyses & research to assist in the development of comprehensive business analysis / strategy. The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills, a strategic mindset, and the ability to effectively communicate complex information to diverse stakeholders. The role does require ArcGIS Pro (or equivalent) and programming experience alongside a creative and strategic mindset to help solve complex geospatial infrastructure project decisions by sourcing, transforming, visualising, and analysing spatial data. This work is critical in identifying key strategic project locations across the globe for hydrogen production and transportation operations.
- Analyse industry trends and competitive landscape to identify key market drivers, customer needs, market segments, and potential partners within the Hydrogen infrastructure environment
- Support the development of infrastructure partner engagement strategies, including customer profiling, value proposition development, and lead generation
- Develop and maintain geospatial datasets related to hydrogen infrastructure projects
- Create maps, visualisations, and other data products to support internal and external stakeholders
- Perform spatial analyses to identify potential project risks and opportunities, as well as support decision-making related to project planning and implementation
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to integrate geospatial data into project plans, designs, and operations
- Monitor and evaluate emerging GIS technologies and tools, and make recommendations for improvements to the GIS infrastructure
- Leverage prior programming experience to augment / optimise existing GIS infrastructure
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with different peers and cross functional teams while working in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in GIS, Data Science, Geography, or a related field
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex data and draw actionable insights
- Demonstrable proficiency with GIS software (preferably ArcGIS Pro)
- Familiarity with programming languages, such as Python or R
- Competence with Excel formulae and macros
- Experience with spatial analysis and data management
- Familiarity with geospatial data formats, such as shapefiles, GeoJSON, and KML
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- A creative mind with the ability to design visually impressive materials
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment with the ability to effectively present information to diverse audiences.
- Ability to knowledge share and bring new ideas to the team
- Experience in aviation, hydrogen, renewable energy or sustainability sectors is a plus
Our solution-focused culture champions fast decision-making and empowers our people. We value results and efficiency and prioritise achieving our mission in the most effective and innovative way possible. We collaborate as a unified team to create solutions and solve problems, so we want people who share our principles to join us. If you’re eager to take radical ownership and are unafraid to ask questions or challenge the status quo, then we want you to be part of our Clean Sky Thinking.
As an emergent company shaping the aviation industry, we know that diversity fuels success and unlocks potential. We embrace being an equal-opportunity employer and actively seek individuals from diverse backgrounds. We value the multitude of skills, perspectives, and mindsets everyone can bring to the table. These experiences ignite creativity, originality, and growth. We proudly reject discrimination in all forms, including that based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.