- Everett, WA, US
- $60,000 - 90,000
At ZeroAvia, we’re clean sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, we’re designing and commercialising hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world.
The Quality team work alongside ZeroAvians in niche roles that include supply chain management, product oversight, oversight of the hydrogen and more. They ensure regulatory requirements are met for design and production and conformity to aerospace standards.
ZeroAvia is currently looking for an experienced and highly analytical inspector to join our Quality department. A background in aerospace, aircraft maintenance, aircraft systems or aircraft manufacturing is highly desired. To excel in this role, applicants should be able to show great attention to detail, possess strong organizational skills, and be able to demonstrate the ability to interpret approved design data.As an Inspector, you will be responsible for performing preliminary, receiving, in-process, and final product. May include supplier source inspections as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing preliminary, receiving, in-process, and final product inspections of aircraft related components in accordance with ZA design data, industry standards, customer requirements, or regulatory requirements.
- Performing incoming inspection of purchased parts, aircraft components and materials to verify correct finish/condition, dimensions, configuration or other measurable or observable characteristics per specified inspection plans. Including working knowledge GD & T and usage of measuring & inspection tools and equipment.
Skills and abilities:
- Verification of supplier submitted documentation data.
- Working knowledge of AS9100 and AS9102. Guides associates in following ZA’s Quality Management System.
- Performing and recording first article inspections results in accordance with AS9102.
- Documenting inspection results by completing inspection plans and reports.
- Assisting with internal and service provider external audits.
- Documenting aircraft’s products’ non-conformities using proprietary systems as appropriate.
- Maintaining receiving inspection data.
- Experience in electronics manufacturing and inspection per IPC-A-610/620 and J-STD-001 desirable. Familiar.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Quality and working with Quality Systems required.
- High School Diploma, AA or Bachelors Degree.
- Must have experience using handheld measuring and testing devices e.g., digital multimeter, caliper, micrometers, radius gages, etc. Willing to learn to use a CMM.
- Experience with FAA 14 CFR Part 21, 33 and 145, FAA conformity forms 8130-9 and 8130-3 are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft office products, ERP systems, (SAP/Oracle/Net-Suite/Siemens/TipQA) etc.
- Must read, and understand engineering drawing requirements including GD & T.
Our solution-focused culture champions fast decision-making and empowers our people. We value results and efficiency and prioritise achieving our mission in the most effective and innovative way possible. We collaborate as a unified team to create solutions and solve problems, so we want people who share our principles to join us. If you’re eager to take radical ownership and are unafraid to ask questions or challenge the status quo, then we want you to be part of our Clean Sky Thinking.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a young company shaping the aviation industry, we know that diversity fuels success and unlocks potential. We embrace being an equal-opportunity employer and actively seek individuals from diverse backgrounds. We value the multitude of skills, perspectives, and mindsets everyone can bring to the table. These experiences ignite creativity, originality, and growth. We proudly reject discrimination in all forms, including that based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The wage scale or salary range for this position is between $70,000 - $100,000. In addition to the foregoing base compensation, additional compensation and benefits are available to employees and eligible family members (as applicable) including the following:
- Bonus: Annual discretionary bonuses.
- Equity: Ability to exercise company stock options
- Retirement: Eligible to participate in the company's 401(k) Plan, with up to a 4% matching
- Health Insurance: Employer covers up to 80% of the employee's monthly premiums on medical, dental, and vision.
- Life Insurance: Basic Life/AD&D of up to $50,000 and the option to add on Supplemental Coverage.
- Short-Term Disability: Up to 60% of your earnings for up to a period of 24 weeks.
- Long-Term Disability: If your disability extends beyond 180 days, LTD Coverage for up to 60% of your earnings.
- Paid Time Off: Eligible employees may accrue up to 120 hours per year (15 days) and may borrow up to 40 hours (5 days).
- Sick Time: Eligible employees may accrue up to 40 hours, per year (5 days)
- Paid Holidays: 12 observed holidays, per calendar year.
- The Fly Club: up to $2,000 of reimbursement towards flying lessons to all full-time staff
Please note, among other factors, the compensation offered may vary based on work location, experience, qualifications, specialties, training, and then-current market and business considerations