Supply Chain General Manager
- Everett, WA, US
- $180,000 - 220,000
At ZeroAvia, we’re clean sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, we’re designing and commercialising hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world.
Supply Chain Procurement manage the creation and delivery of our aerospacequalified supply chain. Supporting the development of our prototype-level hardware and future production propulsion systems, they create a supply chain that can fulfil our needs, quickly anticipate and respond to market changes and equip our engineers with ground-breaking solutions.
ZeroAvia is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Supply Chain General Manager to join its growing team. This individual will be responsible for managing the entire supply chain process, ensuring the timely delivery of high-quality components for the hydrogen-electric powertrain system. The Supply Chain General Manager will work closely with other teams within the company, including engineering, manufacturing, and finance, to ensure efficient and profitable operations. This individual will play a critical role in helping ZeroAvia achieve its goal of revolutionizing the aviation industry through the development and commercialization of zero-emission hydrogen-powered aviation solutions.
ZeroAvia is a pioneering technology company that is leading the way in zero-emission aviation. The company's focus on developing innovative hydrogen-powered aviation solutions that are cheaper to operate and better for the environment has earned it a place in the UK Jet Zero Council. ZeroAvia's goal is to establish a new clean aviation ecosystem that will include the production of hydrogen from renewable energy sources, which will help to tackle public perception of safety.
- Develop and implement supply chain strategies to support the company's growth and expansion plans.
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives to optimize the supply chain network, including procurement, delivery performance, logistics, inventory management, and distribution.
- Identify opportunities to implement and streamline processes, reduce costs, mitigate risks, and improve overall supply chain efficiency. Implement best practices and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Identify, establish, and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, negotiate contracts to secure the best prices and terms, and monitor supplier performance to ensure timely delivery, quality, and cost-effectiveness.
- Oversee transportation and distribution activities, ensuring on-time delivery, cost optimization, and adherence to regulatory requirements. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to optimize the distribution network.
- Build, develop, and lead a high-performing supply chain team. Provide guidance, support, and mentorship to team members. Foster a culture of collaboration, accountability, and continuous learning.
- Collaborate closely with other teams within the company, including engineering, manufacturing, and finance.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) and establish metrics to measure supply chain performance. Regularly monitor and report on KPIs and Key Objectives (OKRs), identifying areas for improvement and taking corrective actions as needed.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards, such as safety, environmental, and ethical guidelines. Drive sustainability initiatives and promote responsible sourcing practices.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, engineering, or a related field.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with the ability to build, inspire, and motivate diverse global teams.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- 15+ years of experience in supply chain management in the aerospace or automotive industry.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and compliance related to aviation supply chain operations (AS9100, AS9120, AS9145)
- Strong understanding of international procurement and logistics practices.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing successful supply chain strategies.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines.
- Knowledge of hydrogen technology and its applications a plus.
Our solution-focused culture champions fast decision-making and empowers our people. We value results and efficiency and prioritise achieving our mission in the most effective and innovative way possible. We collaborate as a unified team to create solutions and solve problems, so we want people who share our principles to join us. If you’re eager to take radical ownership and are unafraid to ask questions or challenge the status quo, then we want you to be part of our Clean Sky Thinking.
Diversity and Inclusion
As an emergent company shaping the aviation industry, we know that diversity fuels success and unlocks potential. We embrace being an equal-opportunity employer and actively seek individuals from diverse backgrounds. We value the multitude of skills, perspectives, and mindsets everyone can bring to the table. These experiences ignite creativity, originality, and growth. We proudly reject discrimination in all forms, including that based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The wage scale or salary range for this position is between $180,000 - $220,000. In addition to the foregoing base compensation, additional compensation and benefits are available to employees and eligible family members (as applicable) including the following:
- Bonus: Annual discretionary bonuses.
- Equity: Ability to exercise company stock options
- Retirement: Eligible to participate in the company's 401(k) Plan, with up to a 4% matching
- Health Insurance: Employer covers up to 80% of the employee's monthly premiums on medical, dental, and vision.
- Life Insurance: Basic Life/AD&D of up to $50,000 and the option to add on Supplemental Coverage.
- Short-Term Disability: Up to 60% of your earnings for up to a period of 24 weeks.
- Long-Term Disability: If your disability extends beyond 180 days, LTD Coverage for up to 60% of your earnings.
- Paid Time Off: Eligible employees may accrue up to 120 hours per year (15 days) and may borrow up to 40 hours (5 days).
- Sick Time: Eligible employees may accrue up to 40 hours, per year (5 days)
- Paid Holidays: 12 observed holidays, per calendar year.
- The Fly Club: up to $2,000 of reimbursement towards flying lessons to all full-time staff
Please note, among other factors, the compensation offered may vary based on work location, experience, qualifications, specialties, training, and then-current market and business considerations