- Kemble, UK
At ZeroAvia, we’re clean sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, we’re designing and commercialising hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world.
Aircraft Operations integrate innovative technology into aircraft that supports our Clean Sky Thinking. They’re responsible for maintaining our fleet with hands-on inspections and maintenance, installation work and crucial ground and flight operation support.
Working closely with the Aircraft Technician, you will assist with modification, integration and scheduled maintenance on prototype and test aircraft incorporating Zeroavia’s novel hydrogen fuel cell powertrain.
This includes mechanical and electrical areas, giving the opportunity to contribute to the design, development, validation and verification of systems both on and off the aircraft. These are currently light passenger aircraft categorised under part 23.
You will gain experience in a broad range of technologies and toolsets. You will be integrated into a dynamic and fast-paced Engineering team, overcoming challenges and ensuring maintenance projects are delivered on time.
The successful candidate is self-motivated and energetic, with a strong drive to ensure successful outcomes.
Main responsibilities but not limited to;
- Assist in modification and integration activities, and when required scheduled/unscheduled maintenance on prototype aircraft
- Regular inspection, maintenance, repairs and servicing of CS23 aircraft
- Quality control and inspection of components and installation work
- Assist in providing solutions to practical problems involving the integration of the powertrain and its effects on associated components and subsystems
- ● Ensure that any work undertaken both on and off the aircraft is carried out in accordance with manufacturer-approved maintenance data and internal company procedures
- Assist in manufacturing and assembling components for testing
- Support any fabrication work that may be required by other sub-system lead engineers
- Ensure proper execution of parts tags attached to repairable, serviceable or condemned parts
- Ensuring that health and safety procedures and COSHH are always observed
- Ensuring that day-to-day housekeeping is kept to a high standard
- Ensure company tooling and parts are controlled and maintained
- Proven industry experience in relevant aircraft components’ installation or maintenance (powertrain and engines preferred)
- Have relevant engineering degree and/or aircraft maintenance work experience
- Direct hands-on experience in sheet metal repairs and modifications
- Ability to modify parts using tools or in a machine shop
- Experience in carrying out major modifications
- Demonstrable ability to work autonomously
- Proactive communication of issues
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to issues as they arise and provide solutions
- Skilled in a range of IT and software packages
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawing
- Flexible approach to work and a high level of drive and ambition to help achieve the organisation’s goals
- A genuine passion for clean technology and the future of sustainable aviation
- Understanding of CS23 and other relevant regulations
- CAA-approved Welder
- A valid AML
- Experience in both mechanical and electrical installations
- Aviation apprenticeship and or machine shop experience
Our solution-focused culture champions fast decision-making and empowers our people. We value results and efficiency and prioritise achieving our mission in the most effective and innovative way possible. We collaborate as a unified team to create solutions and solve problems, so we want people who share our principles to join us. If you’re eager to take radical ownership and are unafraid to ask questions or challenge the status quo, then we want you to be part of our Clean Sky Thinking.
Diversity and Inclusion
As an emergent company shaping the aviation industry, we know that diversity fuels success and unlocks potential. We embrace being an equal-opportunity employer and actively seek individuals from diverse backgrounds. We value the multitude of skills, perspectives, and mindsets everyone can bring to the table. These experiences ignite creativity, originality, and growth. We proudly reject discrimination in all forms, including that based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.