Senior Electrical Engineer
- Kemble, UK
At ZeroAvia, we’re clean sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, we’re designing and commercialising hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world.
Engineering designs our next-generation hydrogen electric engines. Working across Hydrogen, Propulsion and Integration divisions, they solve technical problems and help decarbonize aviation by finding solutions for electric propulsion, hydrogen storage, fuel cell technology, power distribution, thermal management and more.
Cotswold Airport (Kemble) Join us at Cotswold Airport, home to some of our aircraft and the workplace of many ZeroAvians. Located just outside the historic market town of Cirencester, you’ll experience a workspace built by engineers for engineers. This is a high-velocity and fast-paced environment with good links to the M4 and M5, so it’s fitting that it’s also our UK Head Office.
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join our team and work on the design, installation, protection, inspection, and maintenance of electrical power distribution system (PDS).
As an Senior Electrical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the safety, reliability, and performance of power distribution system in accordance with the relevant regulations and standards.
- Design and develop power distribution system, modifications, and repairs using CAD software and tool
- Develop and analyse electrical loads across various aircraft states
- Perform analysis and testing of power distribution components and systems to verify compliance with specifications and requirements
- Conduct inspections and audits of PDS installations and maintenance activities to ensure quality and conformity
- Troubleshoot and resolve PDS issues and problems using diagnostic equipment and tools
- Prepare and maintain PDS documentation, records, and reports in accordance with the applicable procedures and regulations
- Provide technical support and guidance to other engineers, technicians, and operators on PDS related matters
- Keep abreast of the latest developments and best practices in PDS engineering#
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in electrical engineering, avionics engineering, or related field
Minimum 5 years of experience in PDS engineering in the aviation industry
Knowledge of A/C regulations, standards, and guidelines such as [AMC 20-21], [AMC 20-22], and [AMC 20-23]
Proficiency in software and tools for PDS design and development
Experience in PDS analysis, testing, inspection, and troubleshooting
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Excellent communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills
Attention to detail and quality orientation
Diversity and inclusion
As an emergent company shaping the aviation industry, we know that diversity fuels success and unlocks potential. We embrace being an equal-opportunity employer and actively seek individuals from diverse backgrounds. We value the multitude of skills, perspectives, and mindsets everyone can bring to the table. These experiences ignite creativity, originality, and growth. We proudly reject discrimination in all forms, including that based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.