- Kemble, UK
At ZeroAvia, we’re clean sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, we’re designing and commercialising hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world.
Hydrogen Infrastructure oversees the safe, reliable, and affordable delivery of low or zero-carbon-intensity hydrogen we need power our planes. Creating strategic airport partnerships, their unique expertise in power markets enables them to mitigate intermittency and ensure the seamless integration of hydrogen into our operations
Cotswold Airport (Kemble) Join us at Cotswold Airport, home to some of our aircraft and the workplace of many ZeroAvians. Located just outside the historic market town of Cirencester, you’ll experience a workspace built by engineers for engineers. This is a high-velocity and fast-paced environment with good links to the M4 and M5, so it’s fitting that it’s also our UK Head Office.
We are seeking an experienced commissioning and installation engineer to join our Infrastructure team. This position involves close collaboration with various engineering, project management, and aircraft development teams within ZeroAvia, and plays a key role in driving the hydrogen and energy infrastructure via various use-cases, namely airports as energy hubs and as primary off-taker. The successful candidate is expected to possess documentation and installation skillsets in the hydrogen industry or similar, such as oil and gas.
- Carry out installation & commissioning of various systems including Hydrogen production, gas distribution systems, Hydrogen compressors, and high-pressure storage.
- Electrical field wiring of control panels, valves, and instrumentation with subsequent testing to ensure operability.
- Perform fault diagnosis with the support from OEMs in the event of equipment breakdowns
- Carry out scheduled maintenance activities on various systems.
- Assist in the creation of Installation & Commissioning plans in collaboration with engineering teams.
- Assist in the creation of standard operating procedures and ownership of amendments needed when equipment is in operation.
- Participation in various safety studies, such as HAZOPs, LOPAs, and Risk Assessments.
- Perform fault finding on electrical, mechanical, and control systems.
- Management of external sub-contractors during installation and commissioning
- Ensure compliance with site HSE requirements.
- Time-served technician with installation and commissioning experience.
- Qualified to vocational diploma level from the relevant technical institution.
- Have excellent fault diagnosis skills.
- A full UK driving licence
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Passionate about Zero-Emission aviation
- Prior experience in high-pressure gas and/or Hydrogen
- Installation of hydrogen production and gas distribution systems
- Prior experience in process safety, ideally with HAZOP, LOPA and general risk assessments
- Appetite to travel to various sites in the UK, Europe, and the US
Our solution-focused culture champions fast decision-making and empowers our people. We value results and efficiency and prioritise achieving our mission most effectively and innovatively possible. We collaborate as a unified team to create solutions and solve problems, so we want people who share our principles to join us. If you’re eager to take radical ownership and are unafraid to ask questions or challenge the status quo, then we want you to be part of our Clean Sky Thinking.
Diversity and inclusion
As an emergent company shaping the aviation industry, we know that diversity fuels success and unlocks potential. We embrace being an equal-opportunity employer and actively seek individuals from diverse backgrounds. We value the multitude of skills, perspectives, and mindsets everyone can bring to the table. These experiences ignite creativity, originality, and growth. We proudly reject discrimination in all forms, including that based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.