Supplier Quality Engineer
- Everett, WA, US
- $80,000 - 120,000
At ZeroAvia, we’re clean sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, we’re designing and commercialising hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world.
Supply Chain Procurement manage the creation and delivery of our aerospacequalified supply chain. Supporting the development of our prototype-level hardware and future production propulsion systems, they create a supply chain that can fulfil our needs, quickly anticipate and respond to market changes and equip our engineers with ground-breaking solutions.
ZeroAvia is currently looking for an experienced and highly analytical Supplier Quality Engineer, SQE with a background in Aerospace, Aircraft Maintenance, Aircraft Systems or Aircraft Manufacturing. As an SQE you will be responsible for the management of supplier metrics, support on-boarding, interaction to resolve issues, and perform supplier assessments.
This position will work closely with our Procurement department and with incoming inspections, FAI’s, and nonconforming material handling to drive continuous improvement with our supply chain. May assist with QMS assignments as needed.
- Working knowledge of AS9100, AS9145, AS13100 or IATF16949 quality standards. Guides associates in following ZA’s Quality Management System.
- Complies with policies and procedures pertaining to facility or divisional adopted standards.
- Actively participates in root cause analysis on product failures and nonconformances. Tracks supplier response to deliverable milestones, evaluate supplier response, provide feedback to supplier, and ensure closure of 8D. Collects, organizes, monitors, and distributes information related to supplier quality and COPQ
- Evaluates potential suppliers by conducting a desktop on-line assessment audit and process capability assessments.
- Evaluating program new award supplier’s PFMEA, Control plan, PPAP to confirm that key characteristics and in process controls are well defined and effective. Perform special process validations.
- Clearly define product quality requirements and the creation of in-coming inspection plans
- The ability to perform first article inspections in accordance with AS9102, as needed.
- Improve and engage suppliers in the First Article Inspection process (FAI) to support product revisions and new product launch. Review of ZA design requirements to ensure supplier documentation meetings ZA, customer and regulatory requirements.
- Perform and report supplier audits. Develop supplier continuous improvement plans to drive improved PPM scores. Provide supplier quality performance input to support performance scorecard. Interpersonal and negotiating skills necessary to build effective working relationships
- Promote reduced inspection that leverages suppliers process controls and Quality Management System (QMS) to minimize incoming inspection
- Review and approve deviation requests from suppliers.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 4-year College or University Degree in Business, Quality, Engineering or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Quality Engineering or working with Quality Systems required.
- Six Sigma or Op-Ex experience (Preferred)
- Quality audits: 3 years (Preferred)
- The successful candidate must have strong computers skills, working knowledge of MS Office applications and advanced knowledge of MS Excel. ERP systems (SAP/Oracle/Net-Suite/Siemens/TipQA) etc. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with a wide range of technical, manufacturing, management personnel and business process owners globally.
- Proven ability to effectively lead cross functional teams and perform root cause analysis. License/Certification:
- Supplier Auditing and/or ASQ Auditor Certification (Preferred)
- Six Sigma Certification (Preferred)
- Lead Auditor or Quality Auditor Certification (CQA) (Preferred)
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) (Preferred)
Our solution-focused culture champions fast decision-making and empowers our people. We value results and efficiency and prioritise achieving our mission in the most effective and innovative way possible. We collaborate as a unified team to create solutions and solve problems, so we want people who share our principles to join us. If you’re eager to take radical ownership and are unafraid to ask questions or challenge the status quo, then we want you to be part of our Clean Sky Thinking.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a young company shaping the aviation industry, we know that diversity fuels success and unlocks potential. We embrace being an equal-opportunity employer and actively seek individuals from diverse backgrounds. We value the multitude of skills, perspectives, and mindsets everyone can bring to the table. These experiences ignite creativity, originality, and growth. We proudly reject discrimination in all forms, including that based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
The wage scale or salary range for this position is between $80,000 - $120,000. In addition to the foregoing base compensation, additional compensation and benefits are available to employees and eligible family members (as applicable) including the following:
- Bonus: Annual discretionary bonuses.
- Equity: Ability to exercise company stock options
- Retirement: Eligible to participate in the company's 401(k) Plan, with up to a 4% matching
- Health Insurance: Employer covers up to 80% of the employee's monthly premiums on medical, dental, and vision.
- Life Insurance: Basic Life/AD&D of up to $50,000 and the option to add on Supplemental Coverage.
- Short-Term Disability: Up to 60% of your earnings for up to a period of 24 weeks.
- Long-Term Disability: If your disability extends beyond 180 days, LTD Coverage for up to 60% of your earnings.
- Paid Time Off: Eligible employees may accrue up to 120 hours per year (15 days) and may borrow up to 40 hours (5 days).
- Sick Time: Eligible employees may accrue up to 40 hours, per year (5 days)
- Paid Holidays: 12 observed holidays, per calendar year.
- The Fly Club: up to $2,000 of reimbursement towards flying lessons to all full-time staff
Please note, among other factors, the compensation offered may vary based on work location, experience, qualifications, specialties, training, and then-current market and business considerations