Embedded Software Engineer - Aerospace
- Kemble, UK
At ZeroAvia, we’re clean sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, we’re designing and commercialising hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world.
Engineering designs our next-generation hydrogen electric engines. Working across Hydrogen, Propulsion and Integration divisions, they solve technical problems and help decarbonize aviation by finding solutions for electric propulsion, hydrogen storage, fuel cell technology, power distribution, thermal management and more.
Working closely with the US R&D team, and UK Software Development team, with the opportunity to contribute to the design, development, and verification of software. You will gain experience in a broad range of technologies and toolsets.
You will be integrated into a dynamic and fast-paced development team, overcoming challenges and producing innovative solutions. The successful candidate is self-motivated and energetic, with a strong drive to ensure successful outcomes.
- Delivering the software engineering tasks for a project within the allocated budget and time frame.
- Coordinating the project engineering team to develop and deliver a solution that is technically and commercially acceptable.
- Generating, understanding, and reviewing system requirements.
- Developing and documenting Software architecture, design, and Verification strategies.
- Providing input to project schedules through regular and clear progress reports.
- Supporting bids by providing technical solutions, estimates, and plans.
Experience and qualifications
- Proficient in C/Assembly/C++
- Previous experience with embedded software development
- Experience of model-based system design for complex systems.
- Ability to prototype and provide Proof of Concepts
- Thorough understanding of DO178B/C, Standard and objectives.
- Ability to review schematics and read data sheets; experience supporting hardware bring-ups and debugging
- Perform requirement analysis and flow down to software and detail design.
- Ability to work in a structured engineering process-oriented environment, with experience of software quality and management processes.
- Experience with design, develop, and maintain embedded systems in products.
- Experience of model-based software development in Simulink/Stateflow.
- Experience in application development using AE653 compliant operating systems.
- Knowledge of communication protocols like ARINC825, ARINC429, I2C, CANOpen and Serial Bus.
- Experience in scripting languages like Python would be an added advantage.
- Experience in ALM tools like Polarion and Configuration management tools like Teamcenter would be an added advantage.
Our solution-focused culture champions fast decision-making and empowers our people. We value results and efficiency and prioritise achieving our mission in the most effective and innovative way possible. We collaborate as a unified team to create solutions and solve problems, so we want people who share our principles to join us. If you’re eager to take radical ownership and are unafraid to ask questions or challenge the status quo, then we want you to be part of our Clean Sky Thinking.
Diversity and inclusion
As a young company shaping the aviation industry, we know that diversity fuels success and unlocks potential. We embrace being an equal-opportunity employer and actively seek individuals from diverse backgrounds. We value the multitude of skills, perspectives, and mindsets everyone can bring to the table. These experiences ignite creativity, originality, and growth. We proudly reject discrimination in all forms, including that based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.