- Kemble, UK
At ZeroAvia, we’re clean sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, we’re designing and commercialising hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world.
Engineering designs our next-generation hydrogen electric engines. Working across Hydrogen, Propulsion and Integration divisions, they solve technical problems and help decarbonize aviation by finding solutions for electric propulsion, hydrogen storage, fuel cell technology, power distribution, thermal management and more.
Working within the fuel cell system controls team and in conjunction with the Power Generation teams, the Fuel cell controls engineer will be responsible for:
- Development of the control strategy for optimized and efficient working of Fuel cell systems
- Development of control strategy for each of the subsystems of the Fuel cell system (such as Anode system, Cathode system, Thermal system, Electrical system etc.)
- Preparation of test cases to validate control software on HIL rig and FCS test bench
- Defining dynamic behaviour and stability requirements for the Fuel cell system
- Develop diagnostics and monitoring for Fuel cell systems as per aviation standards
- Liaison with FCS systems engineer to provide software structures
- Participating in systems design and integration reviews
- Working to aviation systems engineering (ARP4754) and safety engineering (ARP4761) standards
- Supporting planning and risk activities to ensure on time delivery of tasks and projects
- Degree in relevant engineering disciplines such as Mechanical, Aviation, Powertrain, Electrical Engineering, Controls or a related field.
- Proven track record in specifying/designing high-integrity or safety-critical control solutions
- Experience in analysis of control systems, simulation and test verification of control system's behavior
- Prior development of Control systems for Gas turbine engines fuel cell system applications or ICE Engine applications
- Prior experience in the development of Compressor controls and software is beneficial
- Knowledge of System Engineering development standard ARP4754, safety and certification processes is preferred.
- Prior experience in the usage of simulation tools such as MATLAB Simulink/Simscape; experience with ANSYS SCADE is a bonus
- Experience with MBSE in specifying, designing, analyzing and verifying systems
- Appreciation of the complex challenges within the Fuel cell system for aviation and the balancing of system design attributes.
- Experience of authoring and reviewing requirements using management tools
Our solution-focused culture champions fast decision-making and empowers our people. We value results and efficiency and prioritise achieving our mission in the most effective and innovative way possible. We collaborate as a unified team to create solutions and solve problems, so we want people who share our principles to join us. If you’re eager to take radical ownership and are unafraid to ask questions or challenge the status quo, then we want you to be part of our Clean Sky Thinking.
Diversity and inclusion
As a young company shaping the aviation industry, we know that diversity fuels success and unlocks potential. We embrace being an equal-opportunity employer and actively seek individuals from diverse backgrounds. We value the multitude of skills, perspectives, and mindsets everyone can bring to the table. These experiences ignite creativity, originality, and growth. We proudly reject discrimination in all forms, including that based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.